Friday, January 4, 2008

Whatever

This week has been filled with its ups and downs. The beginning of the week was just kind of blah, but it was good. I actually don't really remember hardly any of it. I just know OU lost terribly. But oh well, it is just a game, and there is nothing I can do to change the outcome. I have to remind myself of that. I get pretty heated when my teams lose. But this time it took me a couple of hours to recover. After that I was fine.
On Thursday I talked to Michael Hand about school and what I should do about living on campus. And he thinks that if I want to live on campus, I need to do everthing I can to stay out of debt. And that might mean being extreme in some areas. I am not an extreme person, but I need to be at times. I usually blame it on my lack of passion for things. But he immediately corrected me and told me I don't lack passion for what God wants. If I didn't have passion I wouldn't journal. That is what he told me. And there are other signs of my passion, they just aren't as obvious as some signs of passion in other people. So that was really encouraging to hear.
Now I am getting ready to go skiing with Lauren and a bunch of guys. I am excited. It will really be good.
So I will let you know how that goes when I get back.

2 comments:

Beth said...

One other thing that it is obvious you are passionate about is your family. I love you Britt!!! Not only are you a great brother, but also a really good friend.

John and Becky Henderson said...

Britt, I am so glad you are keeping up your friendship with Michael. He is a great mentor for you. And I agree, you are very passionate about the things that really matter and that can't be said of a lot of people. So, don't get discouraged and just be determined to follow the Lord in whatever way He chooses. It may not be what you want, but it is always the best way!