Friday, December 28, 2007

The week... so far

Well, it has been another exciting week in the life of Britt Clay. Christmas was this week, and I was extremely blessed by the gifts that were given to me. I got some clothes, shoes, money/gift cards, movies (Air Force One, and Oceans 12), some stuff for my car, and a vacation that I haven't been to yet. But I am really excited.
I was extremely surprised by the gift I got from Pepa, though. I drew my name for the gift exchange that we always have on my mom's side of the family that I don't particularly like, but have to participate in. But Pepa gave me $100. I was really shocked, needless to say. But God knew that I needed the money, and He provided it. Even through someone who someone who is not a Christian, but who does love me. I have been shown that a lot this year by Pepa. He gave me more money than usual for my birthday, allowed me to mow his yard for him and pay me, even though I wasn't doing it for the money, and then he did this. But he told me this year that I am special. Which shocked me even more that anything he has done for me because we ar nothing alike in the way we look at life. But I hope that he says that because he can tell a difference in the way I live, and that it is because of Christ that I live that way. So I really appreciate him telling me that for whatever reason he has. I usually feel like an outsider a lot when we get together with mom's family because I share nothing in common with her brothers, so that is always interesting. But I did talk to them some, and I am glad. They are family after all.
It was also an interesting Christmas because Lauren and I spent a lot of it together. But it was really good. On Thursday I played her dad, and Doyle (her uncle) in golf on the Wii their family got for Christmas. I beat them terribly the first time. It was great! Then I lost terribly the second time. We played on expert the second time, and I had to get used to the feel of the remote, because it was a lot more sensative to my movement. I did really bad on the first whole, and by the time we got to the last whole I had to take a chance to even tie, but I messed up there also. But it was fun. I still got the best score of the two games we played. :)
I went ice skating with Lauren, Brooke, John, Justin, Kriten, and Erin. It was fun too. I am not as bad as I thought I was. And I think Lauren was just happy that I went. So that was good. But Brooke got sick and we had to go back to their house anyways. So Brooke and I came home early, which was fine.
I like being home. It is nice to do sometimes. It is good to be with the family and just relax. So, that is what I am doing right now. And now, I am getting off.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Britt, You are so special, and it is because of the difference that Christ has made in your life. It is evident in all that you do. I am so proud of you because you live you life set apart from the world. I am glad that you are having a great Christmas break, and I hope that you have a great trip with Lauren and the guys. And, if you haven't heard, you will be able to enjoy the Mustang a little longer than expected. We are staying in AK until May of '09.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You did a good job posting again! ;-)

I am sure, even if he does not realize it, that your Pepa does see Christ in you because that is what make syou Special. :-)

I had fun tonight. Thanks for coming and tell Brooke that I hope she starts to feel better.

John and Becky Henderson said...

Good post! I agree with everything Lauren and Beth have said. Pepa can be funny sometimes. I think he wants desparately to believe in Jesus, but he doesn't feel he deserves it or that he could live up to it. So, we keep praying and love him for who he is and his position in our family. I hope you have a great trip!!! Don't break anything valuable. :-)

John and Becky Henderson said...

Hey Britt

I am interested in how you found my gift. Did you find it on your own or did you get some help? The book is a tough read. It has numerous fonts. I have to reread sometimes to make sure I was getting the gist. The other question i have is have you read it? or have you read the book you gave to me last year. I am sure you would enjoy and be challenged by either book.

John

britt said...

Well...I haven't read either book actually. I figured you would like those books just from observation. I knew you liked Piper, and autobiographies are always good. Especially when they are about men like D.L. Moody. But I do want to read them at some point. I have read some other great books this past semester, and I have a list of books that I want to read this semester.
I am glad you like them though. I know you have really good taste for books.
If you want to know of some other books to read, just ask. And if you read something you think I should read, let me know.