Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'm Back

I am back from Colorado, and I feel refreshed and ready to go back to school.
The week was full of ups and downs for me. But mostly ups. The trip was a lot of fun. With nine guys and Lauren, the trip became very interesting. Lauren and I had a really good time together, and I believe that we continued to grow closer together. I continue to see things that God has gifted her with that I just am amazed at. Two of those being her cooking and organization. She and her dad did all of the cooking. But she did all of the planning for that and was excellent at doing so. So I am really excited about that.
Then there was the skiing. We went skiing on Monday, and I thought I would catch on farely quickly, but I didn't, and I became very frustrated with myself. Sports have always come naturally for me, but I had never done anything like this before. And it didn't help that my goggles fogged up, so I could use them. That would not have been bad except for the fact that it snowed the whole time we skiied. Snowflakes in the eyeball at whatever speed does not feel good. Then one time I couldn't get my ski on for like 20 minutes. And when I did, the other one fell off as I tried to start back up. I was pretty much furious, and Lauren had to see a different side of me. After the second run, we ate lunch and I pretty much didn't talk to anyone for at least 30 minutes. It was better that I didn't because I was not a pleasant person to be around at the time. I am sorry for that. But I went on one more run and I did a lot better. So I was really looking forward to the next day we skiied. But we got there and the snow was falling harder than I have ever seen, and we didn't ski. But obviously that was for the better because we ended up going to Creede, and we had a really good time there.
The other days we just stayed in the cabin and hung out. It was great, and I feel so relaxed right now. I got to have fun with Lauren on the Wii, and playing ping pong and fuseball occasionally. And I played and talked a lot with her brother John, and his friend Blake. And I just played games with whoever I could. It was a really good time.
I also got to read and I had some really good quiet times while I was there. In Isaiah I read of how God is our Maker and redeemer, and how He loves all of us and wants anyone who is willing to be His follower. And in Galations I am continuing to learn how we have been set free from the law and are no longer bound to the law, but to Christ.
God has been extremely good to me over the break, and now I can't wait for school.

4 comments:

Beth said...

So good to hear from you Britt! I am glad that you had a good time with Lauren and the guys, and I am really glad that you didn't break anything.

John and Becky Henderson said...

It sounds like you had a great time! Its too bad you didn't get to ski more, but games are always fun. :-)I hope you have a grea semester. John is ready to start back up again, also. You'll have to encourage each other as the semester goes along. :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth said...

Britt, you got spammed. You can go delete the previous comment...