Thursday, January 24, 2008

An update just to update

Well, things for me are going pretty well. School is going to be good, but challenging. I will probably do more reading on my own this semester than I have ever done in my entire life. To some all the reading I have to do is not a big deal, because they are fast readers. But me, I am slow. It takes me about 45 min. to an hour just to finish one article for my Sociology of the Family class. Which really stinks, because so far those articles earn about a 70 on my grading scale. But nevertheless, I will survive and press on.
I have been working out with my friend Chris (I call him Krycho which is his last name because there are too many Chris' in this world) for about 2 weeks now. And I feel like I am about to die. We did squats for the first time on Tuesday, and neither one of us had done them since high-school. So we did 135 lbs., which is a low weight, but we also did a lot of reps. So on the last set I did 15 reps, and I could have done more, but my knee was hurting. But I knew I was going to be extremely sore after Tuesday, and I am. I feel like my legs are made of rubber right now. But that is good, because that means I am getting back into shape. So I am glad for that. The most challenging part about lifting with Krycho is waking up a 6 a.m. to do it. But I just go back to bed after we work out. I need to stop doing that, but right now, that is what I am doing. It is a good start to the day.
I got into the R.A. class. Which is a tremendous blessing. Hopefully I do really well in the class, and can get the job. But we will see. I know that if God wants me to live in the dorms, He will provide a way.
I am going to try and get a new job, simply because I can't work enough hours at Hobby Lobby to make the money I need to pay for school. So I think I can get a job with a guy at church, but I am not going to say who on here. You can call me about that.
I am also praying about what God wants me to do this summer. I can either go to SE Asia, or Falls Creek with the BSU. Either option would be great. But I am leading towards Asia. But we will see.
That is all for now...Oh ya, things with Lauren are going well. We get to see each other tonight, and we are going to talk about some things. So, that will be good.
Love you all.
Britt

8 comments:

Chris Krycho said...

Love you back, man... it's an honor and a privilege to be involved in your life (and I mean that!). See you tomorrow.

John and Becky Henderson said...

Wow! Sounds like you are going to have a busy semester. I really hope you do well in the RA class....I think you would be great at it. :-)And, I hear you on the being sore from working out. I was pretty sore when we started the weight training at the YMCA, but I am really enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

so... i don't like reading. put some pictures up to describe what your talking about. lol but yeah... it would have been nice if you would have come to homecoming, since your my only older sibling that actually lives in OK but i understand... your job is important to you. :)

Beth said...

You need to update!!!

Anonymous said...

dido to Beths comment

John and Becky Henderson said...

Okay, seriously Britt....UPDATE!!! Even Lauren says you need to, and she sees you more than we do!!!!

Beth said...

We love you Britt...we want to know what is going on in your life...I miss you...

Anonymous said...

For the record I told him in person ya'll were wanting him to update. Haha. My did my duty. :p