Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sometimes...

Sometimes, life is just hard. It is not full of easy decisions, or amazing moments all the time like we wish it would be. Life is not a cake walk. But usually it is the more difficult times that we can look back on and thank God for bringing us throught them. It is only because of Him that we can. It is also those times when we find who really does care and love us.

I just had to do something that I really didn't want to do, but felt like it is what God would have me to do. It wasn't easy... I have been thinking about it for quite some time now, and I didn't even tell anyone about it until last week. But it is a decision that I believe will definately be worth it in the end. The decision was not to be on a ministry team this school year.

It is a hard decision because MT was my absolute most favorite part about the BSU last year. I learned, grew spiritually, and made incredible friends. But now that I am engaged (which is amazing!) I really want to do ministry with Lauren. I had wanted to do so in the first place, but last year it wasn't as important to me as it is now, and I didn't know where we could do that. But God opens and closes doors all the time.

This year I am going to help Lauren's brother Brandon with a discipleship training program called YOU GROW. I am super excited about it! It is basically the same thing as MT only for teenagers. And I think that it is a great tool for them to learn about who God has made us to be, mature in our faith, and develope strong friendships that will last for years to come... just like MT.

In the past week I have been able to really see Brandon's heart for this ministry, and I know that Lauren has the same heart for the students who come into YOU GROW.

I guess I am learning that doing things by faith is so much more important than doing things by my own recolection. I was praying in the car about this today as I came down to OU, and God reminded me to trust in Him (proverbs 3:5-6), and that He is in control (Jer. 29:11-12).

When I talked to the people at the BSU, they were completely supportive and understanding of my decision, which really helped me. One of them who had been planning on meeting with me said he still wants to, which really really encouraged me. I didn't think they would want to do that. But I told them I still plan on making disciples here and meeting with people, I just can't do it all. And as we talked the more I realized that they supported my decision.

So the decision I made was not an easy one, but it is one that honors God and I can see Him moving in the decision already.

Praise God!

4 comments:

John and Becky Henderson said...

I'm so proud of you. It is not easy to step out in faith, but God is so faithful to us when we follow Him! You are going to love YOU GROW and I know it will be good for you and Lauren to do this together!

Anonymous said...

I admire you so much. I am really looking forward to doing YOUGROW with you this year.

I love you! <3

Beth said...

Love you Britt! I know that those decisions aren't easy, but you will be blessed for being obedient.

Jack's Blog said...

Son - Though difficult, you have done the right thing. And the Lord is not causing your ministry to decrease, but is, in fact, causing it to expand. The Lord is going to use you and Lauren in a great way through YOU GROW and other things. Go for it! Follow Him with all your heart! I love you - Dad