Friday, August 8, 2008

My Point of View

Lauren and I have been engaged for a week now, and I still haven't posted my version of how it all happened. So I figure I can do it now while I am actually doing nothing.

I was originally going to propose on a point of rocks just down the road from the cabin we stayed in. But considering the fact that it was under water, I couldn't. Well... I guess I could have, but it wouldn't be easy. I was talking to Mr. Werner and Brandon (Lauren's older brother) about what to do since my plan was altered. I decided to go for a boat ride and find someplace quiet and pretty where I could propose (I was telling Lauren it was for our one year aniversery. Which it was, but you know). So Mr. Werner took me out on the boat to show me how to drive it and also to show me a cove I could go to. Brandon also suggested taking her to the Marina so she would have an excuse to dress up a little bit. So that is what we did.

On Friday we went to the Marina and ate dinner. Lauren had a chicken sandwhich and I had a Reuben. As we ate I tore a piece of straw rapper into about twenty pieces, according to Lauren. She said afterword that I was acting a little weird at dinner. Which makes sense considering the fact I was about to pop the question. I don't know why I was nervous, I wasn't until that morning. But whatever.

After we ate I was like "Do you want to go for a boat ride?" and she said the usual "sure." So I called Mr. Werner to tell him we were going on a boat ride. He knew all of this all along and was going to take pictures and video footage for us. Needless to say, he was already at the spot hiding, along with my dad, Mr. Tuter, and Brandon.

We arived at the cove and as I approached the spot I saw two guys on a paddle boat. I was kind of bummed, but it turned out to be kind of funny. I turned off the boat, and we talked a little bit. Somehow we started talking about the upcoming school year, and some of my friends. Real romantic :/ But I finally started to get into what I wanted to say, and told her that we need to make our commitment to getting married official, and I proposed. :)

She said, "Yes!!!!"

We hugged, and those two guys on the paddle boat were like, "You guys aren't fishing are you?" I was quick to say "No!"

We talked a little and I told her that her dad was taking pictures of us, and all that good stuff. Then all four of them came out of hiding to congratulate us and stuff. It was really good. I am glad they were there.

We went back to the cabin and took about a thousand pictures. Lauren has some of them on her blog. And then we called some friends and had a time where our families could bless us which was really cool. I enjoyed that a lot.

Needless to say, I was tired by the end of the night and might have been the first one to be.

God has blessed me incredibly, and I can't wait for May 30th. :))

2 comments:

John and Becky Henderson said...

So, you officially have a date! That is exciting. Good to hear your version. Each one has its own special point of view. Keep me posted on what is going on!

Beth said...

Love you Britt! I am so proud of you! And, you didn't lose the ring!!! YEAH!!!