Friday, March 14, 2008

Excitement

I am pretty excited about a lot of things right now. Mainly Glorieta. But there are other things too. Such as March Madness, and things taking place in OKC (They are going to build a new sky scraper, and I like tall buildings. I know, I am weird.), and just knowing that I am doing what God wants me to do.

But yesterday I realized that I get really excited about the things like March Madness and tall buildings, and they don't even matter. I don't think it is wrong to be excited about that, but sometimes I am more excited about those things than the things of God. So I am trying to change that.

Two verses come to mind. Matthew 6:33 says "But seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you." When I get excited about things other than God more than I should, I don't do this. Colosians 3 talks about seeking what is above and not what is on earth. So I first of all have to remind myself that these things on earth don't really matter, and I should keep seeking God with all my heart and the passion that I seek those things with.

Another verse I have been meditating on lately is I Peter 3:15, "But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account of the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence." So basically Christ must be placed higher than anything else in my life in order for me to be effective. And as I do this I need to be ready for the opportunities He gives me to testify about His grace. So that is exciting also.

I think God has been showing me this for a while, but I am slow. Last night was a good reminder at Paradigm, as was my quiet time yesterday. But I am really looking forward to next week and seeing how God continues to show me this at Glorieta.

Other than that, life is good. I am done with mid terms and I think I did alright. I have been a little sick, but I am feeling better. And things with Lauren continue to go well. I am always learning about how to go about our relationship, and some things are harder for me than some would think. But I am learning to do those things that don't come as naturally to me as a lot of people. So things are going well.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Have a great time at Glorieta this week. And, POST WHEN YOU GET BACK!!! Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great time Britt! I know that it is a break well needed. Although, I will miss you.

Also, I think that you are a great boyfriend and that you do a wonderful job! Sure there are things to learn but that is like anything else in life. I appreciate you so much!

John and Becky Henderson said...

Hey Britt,

If you read this before you go, you are invited to participate in our yearly tournament challenge. We are doing it on ESPN.com. Userid: handyhendyclay Password: slamdunk.
Anyone else who wants to can particpate too.
Have a great time in Glorietta! I'm sure it will be wonderful. And, something I have discovered...sometimes it takes a lifetime to learn things. But, it is usually that thing that God can use most in your life to grow you and encourage others.

Love you, Becky

Chris Krycho said...

Britt - I didn't see this till after Glorieta, but I definitely think God moved in precisely the ways you needed Him to, eh? Thanks for your heart to follow Him. :-)