Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Today Dad did a tribute to Grandpa, and it was really good. I have such an appreciation for the men in our family who are such godly examples for me to follow. I didn't realize how truly amazing Grandpa is. He is a man who has lived out the Great Commission and truly loved people as Christ did. He was also the first person to give me a verse pack. I didn't ever really use it because I was young a dumb at the time. But I will always remember the fact that Grandpa was the first person to give me one of those and he has become an inspiration for me to really know Scripture. Even today, as he struggles with memory loss, he always can quote Scripture.

But Dad didn't really get to talk about himself in all of that. It would have been weird if he did. But Dad is an incredible man of God also. He is the most godly person I know and the best example of a husband and father I could have ever asked for. Dad has always been there in the good and bad. He is always encouraging me and giving me words of wisdom that I need at the right time. He has and always will be involved in my life along with my siblings lives.

I don't really think Dad will ever know how much I appreciate him. People say I am a lot like him, and I kind of shrug and say "I know." But it is a good thing I am like him because he is such a godly person. And I want to be like him in that way, along with other ways. I don't know if I will tell jokes like he does...ever, but they are funny every once in a while.

I am sure Dad will read this at some point, so thanks Dad for being the godly person you are, and for being the father and husband that you are. I love you dearly.

2 comments:

Jack's Blog said...

Son - I am humbled by your comments. I love you and know the Lord is going to use you in a mighty way in people's lives as He already has. - Dad

Beth said...

You need to update....I know you have done something interesting in the past month!!!

Love you!